Do you know the 5 most important questions to ask when choosing a training partner?
- Do the instructors have real world experience and practice in the subject that they are teaching?
- Are the classes hands-on?
- Are real world examples, exercises, situations, and considerations covered as part of the class?
- Are the classes kept up-to-date?
- Can I take my class locally?
With KTech Software's Training the answer is "Yes!"....
Do the instructors have real world experience and practice in the subject that they are teaching?
Have you ever been in a training class where after about an hour or two you realize
- the instructor can't answer questions beyond the scope of the course?
- doesn't know the course they're teaching very well?
Both are poor investments in your time and money. Before you choose, you need to ask the following about your instructor:
- What is their background, qualifications, and certifications? Ask for a resume.
- How many years they've been working with the technology covered by the course?
- Whats their training experience? How many classes have they taught?
KTech Software's instructors work in the real world with the technologies they teach. We also make sure our instructors have communications and education skills. We also only offer subjects we know backward and forward and prefer to work with a smaller set of hand-picked instructors that deliver a class of extremely high quality and depth.
If you take a training class with us and honestly know more than the instructor, we're not only going to refund you your money, we're going to ask you for your resume.
Are the classes hands-on?
You might think this is a given because a technology class without hands-on exercises is almost unheard of. But if you don't get "hands-on" examples, you're just not going to learn the course content nearly as well. The only way to find out is to ask? Also ask how much of the class is hands on.
With KTech's training classes, we keep it hands-on and practical. Each section of curriculum is followed up with exercises where students are encouraged to interact as they work real-world examples.
Are real world examples, exercises, situations, and considerations covered as part of the class?
Since you're going to use the course material in the real world you should want to be more familiar with how a technology is used in the real world. A course that doesn't incorporate some realism likely won't help you when you get back to the office.
KTech Software's courses use examples and exercises that utilize real world techniques and practices, just on a smaller scale as not to bog down the class. Our instructors also share their real life experiences as well in an effort to allow the student to connect the theory with the practice.
Besides our standard course offerings, we'll work with you to customize courses to fit a your exact needs at your request. In these cases students truly "learn by doing".
Are the classes kept up-to-date?
Technology is always getting outdated. With each software release and/or new version of a programming language there are new features added, bugs/limitations that get resolved, and sometimes new issues that you need to be aware of. As a result, a course needs to keep pace with the industry standard. Ask your training provider:
At KTech, we periodically review courses and compare them to our experiences in the industry to see if their still relevant. We also require that the instructor review the course material well in-advance of the class to make sure that any out-dated material is brought up to the current industry standard.
- when class was last updated
- what version of the software/technology the course is oriented towards
- their process for keeping classes relevant, etc.
Our Offerings KTech Software training primarily focuses on the following subject areas. If you need an area discussed thats not covered by the standard offerings we will customize and adjust courses at your request:
- Java and Java Related Technologies
- SQL and Relational Database Concepts
- Web Technologies
- Linux and UNIX System Administration
Contact us today and let us know what types of training you're looking for.